Tim Wendelboe, director & founder of Tim Wendelboe
Introduction:We met up with Tim Wendelboe in his newly re-opened roastery space in Oslo, Norway. He had just started production roasting on his new Loring Smart Roast Machine (35kg Kestrel), renovated his coffee shop and returned back from one of his many yearly origin trips. Needless to say, Tim does a lot of things - we haven't even mentioned his own farm project, we will come to that later in the episode - but even so, he always makes time for quality control of their roasted coffee.
Tim and his team have been a big inspiration for us here at April since the very beginning. They have always been the one to set the bar for quality and professionalism, arguably one of the best coffee roasteries and coffee bar in the world. Therefore, it was an absolute pleasure to sit down with Tim and discuss everything from roasting, business, his approach to green coffee and how he sees the coffee industry.
In this Episode, we talk about:
- His transition from a Probat Roast Machine to a Loring Roast Machine
- How he created one of the best roasteries in the world
- How he approaches their green coffee sourcing and buying
- His own farm, Finca El Suelo
- The importance of his world championship titles
- His start-up process
- The relaunch of his coffee shop
- His perspective on the coffee industry
Links, learn more about Tim Wendelboe: